Table Of Content
- Video
- N.Y. governor says no sign of terrorism in deadly vehicle explosion at border bridge
- Law that ended single-family zoning is struck down for five Southern California cities
- Kratom products have gone unregulated in California, unnerving both fans and critics
- Reps sympathize with victims of Port Harcourt tanker explosion
Fire crews had evacuated other residents of the duplex and surrounding homes starting at around 7 p.m. ET as a precaution, which "saved lives," Arlington County Fire Department Assistant Chief Jason Jenkins told reporters. Police said in a statement that a preliminary investigation indicated the suspect "discharged a flare gun approximately times from inside his residence into the surrounding neighborhood."
Video
The suspect -- identified as 56-year-old James Yoo -- was the only person inside the residence at the time of the explosion and is presumed to be dead, Penn said. Arlington County Police Chief Andy Penn said human remains were recovered from the scene but have not yet been identified. Monitoring the emergency response to a major explosion in the Bluemont neighborhood of Arlington tonight. This is very, very scary, and my profound thanks go out to first responders working to secure the area and keep everyone safe. Allison Van Lare said she felt the explosion nearly 3 miles away in her neighborhood of Shirlington.
N.Y. governor says no sign of terrorism in deadly vehicle explosion at border bridge
“Lori and I are praying for family, friends, and neighbors who lost someone in Plum yesterday, and we’re grateful for the first responders who ran towards danger to save lives. The five Pennsylvanians who passed and their families are in our thoughts today. “Keegan and Casey will be missed by so many and will continue to be loved by so many including their family, friends, and community,” the statement added. The preliminary investigation found that an "undetermined fuel-air explosion" leveled the home, according to Powell, who added that testing is still underway to determine if a propane or natural gas leak caused the disaster. Richard Bragg, the owner of the house, remained in a hospital Tuesday in critical condition, Powell said.

Law that ended single-family zoning is struck down for five Southern California cities
The president of Peoples Gas said his crews got to the neighborhood within 15 minutes of the blast. It was unclear what they were doing there, though the family said Casey was very friendly with the neighbors. The cause of the blast is under investigation, with Allegheny County officials saying it could take months. You may occasionally receive promotional content from the Los Angeles Times. The blast occurred Wednesday inside an LAPD semitruck that had been used to contain and safely detonate fireworks and other explosives.
Kratom products have gone unregulated in California, unnerving both fans and critics
Payouts so far have totaled $1.48 million, according to the city attorney’s office. They gathered in the middle of East 27th Street, the spot where two years earlier — to the day — Los Angeles police botched the detonation of a cache of fireworks and blew up their lives. Two other people had also been hospitalized in stable condition after the blast. As investigators work to learn more about what may have caused the blast, neighbors like Jaden Stewart are trying to help. Get Los Angeles's latest local news on crime, entertainment, weather, schools, COVID, cost of living and more. "It sounded like something I remember from war. It was that loud," Scott McMillian, a 40-year resident of Whitmore Lake who lives about a mile from the explosion, told Detroit ABC affiliate WXYZ.
More from CBS News
A ‘Gassy’ Alabama Coal Mine Was Expanding Under a Family’s Home. After an Explosion, Two Were Left Critically ... - InsideClimate News
A ‘Gassy’ Alabama Coal Mine Was Expanding Under a Family’s Home. After an Explosion, Two Were Left Critically ....
Posted: Fri, 15 Mar 2024 07:00:00 GMT [source]
The death of the female victim, that was found in the home is still under investigation,” said Robert Rueca with the San Francisco Police Department. San Francisco police said Friday they arrested 53-year-old Darron Price. He is facing charges of involuntary manslaughter, the manufacturing of illegal narcotics and two counts of child endangerment. Surrounding homes were badly damaged as well and a neighbor's home knocked off its foundation. Southwest Gas says an employee responded to the scene and turned off the gas. She was airlifted after the explosion and is now in a Colton hospital recovering with severe burns.
Police respond to the scene of the explosion in Arlington on Monday night. Kathleen Boyce, who lives just around the block, said she was watching the house through a gap in her neighbor's yard after hearing sirens all night. Residents could hear and feel the explosion for miles around Arlington County, where the average population is over 9,000 people per square mile.
Feds say he masterminded an epic California water heist. Some farmers say he’s their Robin Hood
Penn said officers attempted to engage with Yoo to no avail, so they obtained a search warrant. When they breached the front door, the emergency response team was met with "multiple gunshots from a firearm coming from within the dwelling," Penn said. “There’s a debris field well into the street and into the neighboring homes,” he said Friday night. STERLING, Va. — When firefighters arrived at a home in a Washington, D.C., suburb to investigate a report about a gas smell Friday night, they discovered a 500-gallon underground propane tank with a leak on the side of the residence. “As true representatives of our people, we express deepest condolences to the families and loved ones of those affected by the tragic inferno. Kerry Cavanaugh is an assistant editor and editorial writer covering Los Angeles and Southern California, with a focus on housing, transportation and environmental issues.
Rafal Kolankowski, who lives a few houses away, told the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette that the explosion broke the windows in his house and knocked him and his wife to the ground. After recovering and checking on his son, he went outside where he said a woman told him another woman had been upstairs and a man was in the basement. The other woman later emerged covered in white ash, but the individual in the basement had not yet exited, he said. The cause of the explosion remains under investigation, the office said, and there is no time frame for when the probe will be completed. The investigation at the scene of the explosion has been completed and the property is being returned to its owners, the agency said in a release.
The FBI in Washington was assisting in the investigation, a spokesperson for the agency's field office there said. The federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives also said it had fire investigators at the scene ready to assist. Video posted to social media showed a huge fireball and what appeared to be the roof and other debris lofted into the air during the blast, which neighbors said could be heard and felt for miles around in the Washington, D.C., suburb. "We have all of our resources here, including BGE, who runs our gas for the county," said Francis.
The resulting blast injured 17 people, damaged 35 properties and displaced more than 80 residents. The sixth victim, Paul Oravitz, 56, died at a hospital Wednesday morning, county officials said. The surveillance video was caught from one of the nearby homes in the city's Sunset District. The video shows massive flames and debris flying into 22nd Avenue near Noriega.
No comments:
Post a Comment